How I'm Feeling 5 Weeks Post-Op

What a difference a week makes! I'm now 5 weeks post-hysterectomy and feeling remarkably better. My weepiness is completely gone. I can finally discuss my hysterectomy and the loss of my fertility without even a trace of sadness.

I'm feeling better physically, too. Although my abdomen is still slightly tender, sharp pains are almost completely a thing of the past. My body does let me know when I've done too much, though. Today, for example, I drove a lot, then went to a movie, followed by a shopping excursion. By the time I returned home, my poor tummy was bloated, puffy, and sore. Note to self: it's still too soon for an entire day out and about, but we're getting there.

Now that full recovery is on the horizon, I'm feeling optimistic.

There is life after hysterectomy... and it's good. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thank you for putting up this site. I am about 5 weeks in and still very sore and swollen. Maybe I'm a slow healer. Can't wait to be back to normal.