Pamper Yourself Post-Op

As I mentioned before, I've been feeling down lately. Today, I took a good, long look in the mirror, and I realized something-- I'm looking quite haggard and frumpy, older than my age. Actually, I look like someone who just crawled out of a cave after a long, long hibernation: bushy, unkempt eyebrows; brassy, frizzy hair; and sweatpants that have definitely seen better days.

Now, don't get me wrong... noone excepts a woman fresh out of surgery to look like Miss America. You fully deserve to rest, relax, and recuperate. This isn't about impressing anyone or turning anyone on (after all, you won't be seeing any action for a good, long while!). No, this has nothing to do with anyone but you.

For the past three weeks, I've had no interest in being pretty or feeling pretty; I simply wanted to stop the pain, get some sleep, and lose the bloat. Suddenly, today, that changed. Today, I wanted to look like me. I traded in my sweats for a pair of jeans. No, not my usual jeans, not "skinny" jeans. They were actually the jeans that fit before I lost 20 pounds, but let's not dwell on that! The point is, I'm wearing normal clothes. Yay me! Surprisingly, it made me feel a little better, a little more normal.


Ways to Pamper Yourself


So, whenever it happens for you... whether a week, a month, two months, or three months post op... whenever you decide you're in need of a beauty pick-me-up, here are some things to try.

  • Shave your legs (only if you're able to bend and stretch that way)
  • Wax eyebrows and upper lip
  • Touch up hair color
  • Try a new hair style (for me, this just meant taking down the ponytail and washing it!)
  • Take a bubble bath (if bathing has been okay'd by your doctor)
  • Try a new perfume
  • Spritz perfume or linen spray on your pillows and sheets
  • Wear a nice top
  • Paint nails or go all out for a mani/pedi
  • Use a little makeup
  • Get out of your sweats. Or, at least put on a pair of clean sweats!

What about you... what helped you feel better after your hysterectomy?

There is life after hysterectomy... and it's good. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!