Goodbye To My Uterus

I'm 32, and I'm one week post-op. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy. I have such mixed feelings right now, and by that I mean I'm having total mood swings about it! In one moment, I'm looking forward to a life without periods and pain, but in the next I'm seeing a beautiful baby and mourning the fact that I'll never have another one. Sure, I have three kids and odds are, I wouldn't have wanted another one, but still.... just knowing it was possible...

At this point, things are too new for me to really say much about the results of my surgery, but I plan to chronicle the journey here. You'll learn more about what led me to have such drastic surgery at this age... you'll learn about options for women facing this life-altering decision... and you'll learn about my life without a uterus!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What about bleeding post hysterectomy

Unknown said...

What about bleeding post hysterectomy can u pls tell since 4 weeks after hysterectomy my ovaries r intake I m still bleeding