After Hysterectomy, I'm Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! The day would not be complete without a list of things I'm thankful for, so here goes:

1. My husband... he has been so supportive and loving through this ordeal, insisting I stay off my feet as much as possible (like I'm going to argue with that!)

2. My kids... they've been good through this, too (for the most part), keeping their fighting, "Mama, she started it!", and daily drama to a minimum.

3. My Swelly Belly... it came in the mail today and it's sooooooo great.

4. My doctor's skillful hands...

5. God for guiding my doctor's hands.

6. The makers of Darvocet for getting me through the first days post-op.

7. The mind's ability to forget... I barely recall those first moments after surgery.

8. Sweat pants, tee shirts, and loose nightgowns... you can never have too many comfy clothes post-op.

9. My heating pad... we've spent many quality hours together this year.

10. That I get to work at home, doing what I love.

11. That I have children at all... with my infertility troubles, I really never thought I'd be blessed with kids.

12. The days ahead, pain- and period-free.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments: