How to Help After Hysterectomy

I didn't realize just how good my friends were until I faced my surgery. I have no family and my husband's family is overseas, so surgery was an ultra-daunting prospect. I was scared to death that my husband would not be able to come to the hospital, that he would have to stay home with our kids instead. The day of surgery, two friends divided the hours, providing care and entertainment to our kids. They took care of the girls for hours each day so that hubby could visit me. After I returned home, another friend sent a housekeeper over to take care of cleaning! I have never felt so loved. It really allowed me to relax and focus on healing.

If you're looking for ways to help your friend, consider these:

*Cook freezable meals and bring over (casseroles are excellent for this)
*Offer to drive your friend places (she will not be able to drive for weeks)
*Drive her children to activities
*Offer to take the kids for a couple of hours so she can rest
*Provide "quiet activity kits" for her kids
*Offer to vacuum, mop, and sweep (she won't be able to stretch)
*Do her laundry
*Call her, visit her

No comments: