Wear Your Stomach Binder

After hysterectomy, your stomach is sore and swollen. There's this odd sensation that your internal organs are moving-- and they are. The organs are moving slightly, filling in the space your uterus used to occupy. Sometimes I feel like I have to hold my belly to keep everything inside!

Now I'm realizing that my stomach binder is my best friend. It's large and intrusive, a white velcro-covered wrap that goes all the way around my belly, holding things in place. It shows under my clothes. I don't care, though-- it works! The wrap provides support and makes walking less painful.

Since I haven't been cleared for driving yet and I'm not looking to win any fashion shows, I'm not really worried about the looks of it. For someone who needs less intrusive support, Hyster Sisters makes a cool Swelly Belly Band. I haven't tried it yet, but it's definitely on my wish list. Have you tried it? Let me know how it works!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank all of you who put such great information on links like this, July 8th, I will be having a complete hysterectomy. But, I feel much more better about it, since reading all the web articles from hyster sisters, and then some. It makes someone like me, a newbie, alittle more comfortable. I am more than alittle nervous, but to realize how many women go thru something like this, helps a great deal. I am going to be sure to ask for a stomach binder too. Thank you all.